As we all know, women are known for their love of shopping (i.e. Ramona Holloway). However, a new survey has found that men are actually more likely to lie about and hide items they've purchased from their partner. 41% of men admit to secretly buying things compared to 22% of women.
What are the top purchases people hide from their significant other?
- 64% - Nights out
- 46% - Clothes and beauty products
- 22% - Leisure activity costs
- 13% - Car and transportation costs
- 8% - Vacation costs
Why do people hide their spending from their partner?
- 84% - "I want to avoid aguments"
- 42% - "I don't want to cause unnecessary worry"
- 39% - "I feel guilty about the purchase
73% of women downplay the price of new purchases, and 61% pretend that new items are old ones. Men on the other hand are inclined to flat out hide their purchases (64%) or destroy the receipt (59%).
It also looks like women are sneakier than men! Only 34% of women have been caught secretly spending, compared to 54% of men.
(H/T: The Daily Mail)