Photo Credit: Montage Communications via Compfight cc
Would you keep working if you won the lottery, or would you peace out and retire to a life of luxury?
CareerBuilder did a study and found that 51% of people would continue working after winning the lottery. Also, 30% of workers say they'd stay at their current job.
Why would you keep working? The most common answers are:
- 77% would be bored if they didn't work
- 76% say work gives them a sense of purpose and accomplishment
- 42% want financial security on top of their lottery winnings
- 23% say they would miss their coworkers
If you're in the 49% of people who would quit their job after winning the lottery, how would you break the news?
- 48% would give a two weeks' notice or give their employer whatever time's needed to find a replacement
- 31% would give their two weeks' notice and leave after two weeks
- 13% would quit without notice
- 3% would tell off their boss on the way out
- 2% would quit their job by not bothering to show up for work the next day