Matt and his wife Amy have a lot of activities planned for their daughters this summer.
Looking for inexpensive activities to keep the kids occupied this summer? Ramona has a few ideas to have some summer fun on a budget!
1) Kids under 16 can grab vouchers for two free games of bowling at numerous locations on any summer day at KidsBowlFree.com.
2) Download the free Coupon Sherpa app to save about 15 to 30 percent at child-friendly stores, like Build-A-Bear Workshop. Search by company or category, such as "arts and crafts.
3) Regal's Summer Movie Express offers $1 movies every week during the summer. Also, check out your local newspaper for free outdoor movies, such as the Matthews Summer Concert & Movie Series.
4) Don't buy full-price tickets to Carowinds!! Save up to 25 percent by nabbing them beforehand at a supermarket or a discount bulk store, like Sam's Club or Costco (membership required).
Also, get $10 off the gate price of $56.99, and purchase a ticket for $46.99 through the Carowinds website. Twilight admission, valid after 4pm, is just $26.99.
Carowinds will frequently offer a ticket price of $29.99 if you're purchasing four or more tickets at once online. Seniors over 62 can get in for $37.99. The junior ticket doesn't go by age, but goes by height. If a guest is under 48" tall in shoes, they can get a ticket for $37.99. Kids under two are admitted free. There are also AAA discounts and discounts for retired and active duty military.
5) For deals on outdoor sports, like rock climbing and tennis, surf sites that offer daily deals, such as SweetJack.com and DealChicken.com