Link Insider

Email updates, contests and more... are you IN?

Search Show Archive

Stuff We Talked About


NEWS NUTS: Man bought 'new' armchair on eBay ... then discovered it was from toxic batch that left him covered in rash and painful sores

A father who suffered from a mysterious agonising skin condition for two years has found it was caused by a banned toxic sofa he bought on eBay.

William Harrington, 56, was delighted with his new reclining leather armchair, but had no idea it was from a highly poisonous batch of furniture sold by Argos and the now-defunct World of Leather.

Argos has recalled all the furniture, and in 2010 contributed along with 13 other companies to paying out £20million to customers who suffered painful burns.


Stuff We Talked About