"Glee" star Cory Monteith died as a result of "a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the British Columbia Coroners Service said Tuesday.
"At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the coroners service said in a statement, adding that no further details were available pending a full investigation.
Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in his room by staff members at Vancouver's Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel after he missed his checkout time.
The actor spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.
Monteith had been frank about his struggles with substance abuse, telling Parade magazine in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13 and by 19 went into rehab after his mother and friends intervened.
Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbiz/glee-star-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t1