The modeling industry has given us many beautiful women over the years. Truth is, while they may be beautiful, not many of them have made the successful transition from the pages of magazines to the silver screen.
We’d like to salute these five women who have made the jump into acting and we think stand out head, shoulders and “face” above the rest. See if you agree.
1. Kate Upton – This “Sports Illustrated” cover girl has reason to celebrate big this year. Not only is she turning 22 on June 10, but in the almost four years since she signed with modeling super power IMG, she’s appeared in a handful of TV shows and some pretty big films. This year she had a feature roll in the comedy “The Other Women” alongside acting veterans Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann. It would appear that Ms. Upton’s acting star is definitely on the rise.
2. Cameron Diaz – We first got a glimpse of Cameron’s acting chops back in 1994, as she danced her way into Jim Carrey’s heart (and ours) in “The Mask.” She has proven that she’s so much more than a pretty face with four Golden Globes and two Screen Actors Guild nominations to her name. From films as diverse as “Being John Malkovich” and “Any Given Sunday” to “Something About Mary,” we can’t wait to see what she does “Tomorrow” (we hear it’s a reboot of “Annie”).
3. Brooke Shields – Brooke has been a hot commodity in the modeling world since she first appeared in ad for Ivory Snow as an infant. She made the jump to acting early on with her controversial role in the movie “Pretty Baby” at the age of 12. Over the next 36 years, Brooke has had her own TV series (“Suddenly Susan”) and continues to be in demand as a guest star on shows ranging from “Hannah Montana” to “The Middle.”
4. Sofia Vergara – From the runway to the Emmy red carpet, Sofia’s move from modeling began in 1995 when she appeared on the TV show “Acapulco, cuerpo y alma.” Her big break came some 14 years and many guest starring roles later when she landed the role of Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the hit comedy “Modern Family.” Along with her role in the new movie “Chef,” Sofia is adding to her list of accomplishments the title of producer including the short-lived series “Killer Women” and the film “Don’t Mess with Texas” due in theaters in 2015.
5. Brooklyn Decker – Modeling since she was teen, Brooklyn landed the cover of the coveted “SI” Swimsuit issue in 2006. Shortly thereafter, Hollywood came a calling with roles in TV shows including “Chuck,” “Ugly Betty,” “The League” and “Friends with Better Lives.” She also has made a splash in movies including “What To Expect When You’re Expecting” and “Battleship.” Brooklyn’s acting schedule is a busy one. She’s set to be a part of two more feature films set to be released this year and next!